While vegan works and has some productivity, predator sleeps after the meal and does nothing. Accomplish more while eating carbs throughout the day. Have protein rich diet before going to sleep what will enhance body’s recovery during the night.
William Howard Hay (known for the ‘Hay diet‘, a food-combining dietary system) suggests that when starches and proteins are eaten together, the body is not able to digest the foods correctly. It turns out that starches take 2 hours to digest, and proteins take about 4 hours, but when eaten together, it could take up to 13 hours for the food to digest.
Bread is mixture of carbs and protein.
Dr. Vasant Lad (Executive director of Ayurvedic Institute in Albuquerque, New Mexico) warns against pairing protein-rich foods, such as eggs and meat, with carb-containing foods, such as fruit or starches. (www.livestrong.com)
Nutritional therapist Kerry Torrens explains why balance and moderation is key… (bbcgoodfood.com)
- Body prefers carbohydrates (fruits and vegetables) over the fat as source of energy. And our brains, in particular, need carbs to maintain alertness and concentration. If you loose carbs from your diet completely, it can be detrimental to health.
- We all need some protein (whether from meat, fish, dairy or grains) for strong muscles and bones, hormonal health and immunity.
High carb and Atkins diet faces problems.
- High-protein diets put an extra load on the kidneys and may cause calcium to be lost from your bones.
- A high-carb diet, meanwhile, can disrupt blood sugar levels, increase the risk of diabetes and lead to energy fluctuations and mood swings.
Kelly Forness points out some rules of Hay’s diet?
- Don’t eat starches or sugars with proteins or other acids at the same meal.
- Vegetables and fruits should be a major part of the diet.
- Eat fruits alone and 30 minutes before any other food.
- Don’t drink milk with any other food.
- Wait 4 hours between starch and protein meals.
- Concentrated proteins, such as nuts and meat, are not compatible at the same meal, don’t eat it together.
- Vegetables can be combined with either a starch or a protein.